Covid-19: Communicate your Reopening Plans to Customers Effectively
As restarting businesses are faced with an uncertainty of the post Covid-19 world, the role of communication via social media and other digital channels is ever more vital.
Businesses everywhere should revive their social media pages as a means to communicate with their customers and focus increasingly on brand awareness.
Here are some key aspects to consider when using social media as a medium to communicate your business decisions:
- Craft a unified message across multiple platforms to ensure consistent communication.
- Communicate clearly any information that is helpful to customers such as opening times, business contact information or any Covid-19 related safety measures to ensure their safety.
- Update your business contact information and social bios.
- Use Facebook and Instagram stories to share updates or exciting news to your customers.
- Establish support to deal with customer feedback and any questions customers may have.
- Use questions, polls and Instagram stories to understand the type of information and content customers want from your business.
- Analyse the competition businesses social media profile to understand how they communicate with their audiences.
- Engage and study social media trends to understand how your customers are reacting.
- Update your website with upto date information of your business and use of Live Chat is also useful if you are likely an online only business.
- Use email newsletters as an additional means to send information to your passive audience as a means to create brand awareness.
- Reach out to your customers via your customer service channel via phone, email or in person.
- Train your staff to address concerns and possible questions your customers may have.
Your plans may evolve over this period of uncertainty which is OK. The important thing is to be transparent and timely about communicating these changes to your customers.
The Covid-19 pandemic has caused a global shock to the economic world causing uncertainty unlike we have ever experienced. Lockdowns across the world have caused restriction of movement and disruption of supply chains causing businesses to struggle and in some cases...
Drop us a line
How can we help?